Sunday, January 28, 2007

Houston...We Have Eyeballs!

Yay! The puppies finally opened their eyes today! Exciting! Yesterday I noticed the girl and one boy slightly had them open...but all three of them are now wide eyed and bushy tailed hehe...well, I guess they're not bushy tailed yet...

It's amazing how much cuter they are with their eyes open. I am so in love with those babies! I can't believe they will be 2 weeks old Monday! They have at least doubled in size. They're still small, but don't fit in my palm anymore. The girl was significantly bigger than the boys (i haven't named them because that would get me even more attached) but now they are MUCH bigger than Sis.

Nothing much going on around here. Seriously stressed about money because one of my loans didn't come in....looks like I've got some begging to do. I have GOT to get that money. A house with no heat, hot water, or water for that matter is nothing more than a shelter with locks. grrrreat I love being poor! I've done a lot of thinking these past few months and realize how terrible I am with money. I sat down and figured out a budget for myself and I really think I could stick to it if I could just get caught up. I thought I was going to with the remnants of the student loan that I'm now not receiving. Now I don't know what to do....Anyone wanna cosign? yeah i didn't think so...

On a happier note...I rode with Mimi to pick up Jake today. He spent the weekend at his dad's (in dallas) so we met them halfway in Thurber (population 4) at The Smoketsack. If you've ever been on I 20 going to/from the metroplex to atown you know exactly what I'm talking about. I love the smokestack. I have no idea why because their food is nothing to write home about. However, they DO have the BEST pies! Mimi drove because we were running late and she didn't want me to get a ticket haha. So, she drove anywhere between 80 and 90 (i'm seriously not kidding) and we got there 20 minutes early haha. We decided to go in and get a piece of pie and some coffee. Oh it was good! We were just getting our pie when Jake and Graham walked in the door. Jake was so excited to see us...I just love how his face lights up. Anyway, we talked to Graham for a few minutes then he had to head back to Dallas. We finished our pie and jake had about 3 bites of his ice cream (he's not really a fan of sweets but still asks for them). Then we hit the road and I drove back...I swear I never went faster than 78 haha. Mimi hates when I drive because I make her wear a seat belt. Oh well...Anyway, about half way home, the Sun was glaring right into the front windshield. SO bright. It hit just right and poor Jake just couldnt get away from it. So Mimi being the good great-grandmother she is, put her arm up across to my seat and put a blanket over her arm. She then proceeded to reach her other arm over to shade the tiny bit of sunlight still bothering him. Nope. he's not spoiled. Well, I knew her arms were going to get tired in a matter of seconds, so I offered Jake my sunglasses...
Yes, I took pictures of Jake in the backseat with my cell phone while driving. Haha and I was worried about Mimi's driving...

No comments: