I'm laughing so hard that there's like 2 people besides myself that know what a bleeding armadillo groom's cake is...actually the proper way to pronounce it is "bleedin' ah-ma-dilla grooms KAYke"
anyway...it's from the movie Steel Magnolias. Love love love that movie! If you haven't seen it, watch it. It will make you laugh till you pee and cry till you cuss...and it's got a bleedin armadillo grooms cake...which is a red velvet cake, made to look like an armadillo.
if and when i get married, i don't care what he says. the groom is totally having one...
while i didn't go for the armadilla, i did attempt to copy the UHdorable leopard & zebra cake. However, I was tired, cramping, and in a hurry - three things that do NOT factor well into decorating a cake. While I still feel I can do it, I ordered the cake today. Well, I ordered part of the cake. By skipping the top layer I cut the price almost in half. so, we're going to have a 9inch zebra cake. I called Storm and made her decide on zebra or leopard, though I knew she'd pick the zebra.
i'm excited about the shower...
i think
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Whenever I watch that movie I feel an uncontrollable urge to find a bleedin' armidilla cake (which is how we also say it here in GA), chop the ass and tail off of it (ala Shirley McClain) and then eat that part myself. Yum.
That movie ALWAYS makes me cry. I do love me some 'dilla cake and really poofy hair.
You probably already know most of this stuff, but I found some interesting red velvet cake info and recipes.
http://www.answers.com/topic/red-velvet-cake
http://www.floras-hideout.com/recipes/recipes.php?page=recipes&data=q-r/Red_Velvet_Cake_With_History
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_13237,00.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_23379,00.html
http://www.allinonebakeshop.com/documents/armadillocakeinstructionsheet.pdf
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/14/dining/14velv.html?ex=1329109200&en=20b2592ff80258c1&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=r
http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Cakes/DevilsFoodCake.htm
Post a Comment