That's what Friend and I are. It's really funny. We bicker, insult each other, pick on each other...it's great. There's a reason we are such good friends - we get each other. We can and do tell each other pretty much everything. We are the kind of friends that will be friends forever because we'd be terrible enemies hehe
anyway, last night we decided to go to Cici's for supper. somewhere along the way, we got stuck behind an old couple in a buick going 22 mph. the wife was driving. almost immediately this conversation between friend and i began:
Me(imitating the old lady): "oh dear, i need to stop in about three miles, i suppose i should go ahead and put on my brakes"
Friend(imitating the old man, while also imitating the old woman's driving)"damnitt Gladys, i don't care what the doctor says, i'm driving next time. you're making me a nervous wreck"
Me"now Hubert, you know what the doctor said about your temper. oh! don't put your visor down! i can't see when you put the visor down!"
Friend"Oh hell Gladys you can't see anyway"
Me "hubert, stop distracting me! oh dear! i'm going 27 mph...i need to slam on my brakes and slow down!"
Friend "put your blinker on Gladys, we're about a mile from our turn"
Me "oh see hubert! i forgot to put my blinker on a mile ago"
wouldn't ya know it? they too were going to cici's. we had to turn left to get to cici's and there is a curve right before this turn...
me "oh dear hubert, i see a car coming"
friend "where? that one down there? gladys, it's a mile away!"
me "i know dear, but it could hit us before i get this giant car turned"
friend "damnitt gladys, i'm hungry. turn!"
then we pull into the parking lot (finally) and she stops
me"hubert, do you think i can fit in that parking spot?
friend"gladys.."
me, interupting friend"no no i don't think i can fit in that spot. that van is almost to the line!"
friend "good gawd gladys, just park the damn car, i'm hungry"
hehe i'm sure reading it is not nearly as funny as being there when it happend, but let me tell you, i'm still giggling about it...
just call us Gladys & Hubert


5 comments:
firstly thanks for the site meter help...
secondly you are REALLY freaking me out!!..I think it's odd that you were able to beam yourself in my parents car like that all the way from Texas..really cut it out!!
I'm there, I'm 25 and I've only been married 6 years.
Sad.
well, the worst part for us is, we're not married! nor will we ever be! hehe
OMG that was so funny. I could totally picture the little old couple driving ever so slowly. And you both do great old couple voice impersonations - at least the way I heard it. ;)
I heard it perfectly well too. I only can hope I can have that kind of relationship when I'm old with purple hair.
Post a Comment