Wednesday, April 23, 2008

would someone please just SHOOT me?

so, about once a month, mommy dearest gets it in her mind that she needs to call and yell at me for a good hour or so to tell me everything i'm doing wrong (which is well, EVERYTHING).

you'd think after all these years i would get used to it. you'd think after all these years i wouldn't care that my mother is never pleased with one fucking thing i do. you'd think after all these years i just wouldn't answer the phone when she calls.

don't i wish.

she tries to talk (yell) about my depression and how i need to make a concious effort to act happy and hide my feelings from the rest of the world because it gives people a bad impression of me. hey mom, guess what? you're one of the MAIN reasons i can't ever get my depression under control! yep, that's right! you try having a mother that CONSTANTLY berates you, no matter what. a mother that is never ever pleased with you. a mother who says (yells) that she's just trying to help you when really all she's doing is bitch bitch bitch at you. hey mom, guess what? you're not helping my depression by constantly yelling at me and telling me what a sorry person i am and how nothing i do is right and how i must want to be in pain because i won't do anything to help myself get another injection (and really? why the FUCK would i want to be in pain?!)

i'm sick sick sick of this shit.

so, internets. how does one tell their mother to knock off the shit, and still work with her, still have her as a mother?

seriously, she needs medication. everyone else in the family is on meds, why the hell isn't her crazy bi polar ass on meds too???

7 comments:

Unknown said...

honey, if someone knew the answer to that, this world would be a much better place...

Hol said...

I second Kelly. My mom and I use to butt heads constantly while I was growing up.

My dad tells me that my mom says things like,"My girls don't love me. They don't want to be around me, otherwise they wouldn't have moved away."

Woah mom! We (my sis and I) graduated, got jobs in different states, got married, etc.

My dad tells her that, and how they can move closer, but what would happen if one of us got a new job in a different state? It's not like we deliberately chose to be so far from them.

We just have to move on with life and let her know we still love her.

Anonymous said...

I have both sides... My MIL is a "you never do anything right" person, but my Mother is swimming in denial.

Rarely does she confront anything that happens, but will turn it into a story to tell others that has her gleaming in her role as Mother.

It's a strange world and we're just doing the best we can....

Anonymous said...

"Rarely does she confront anything that happens, but will turn it into a story to tell others that has her gleaming in her role as Mother."

I didn't know I had a sister!

...and Miss Biddy, of COURSE I listened to ALL of the songs.

Actually, yesterday afternoon, I was in the hallways at work where they pipe in music and "Easy Like Sunday Morning" came on and it made me smile because of your Daddy's version.

Heather said...

Bi-polar disorder runs in my family, too. I constantly watch my kids for signs, and hope that I am able to recognize it if it occurs and help them deal with the disease, and it is a disease. I'm sorry that your mom doesn't understand that. She sounds very passive-aggressive to me. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Do not participate in the dysfunction sweet one. My family is also suffering from c-r-a-z-y, and the best thing I did was distance myself from the seriously toxic ones.

(((huggles)))

MP said...

I don't have a word for the face I'm making...
I wish that my mother would have been on meds..she is on them for every other thing in her life..OHHHSGHE*I)T$*W THGvipn
I know what you mean...
xoxoxo