Monday, September 11, 2006

a whole lot about me....

updated: september 15, 2006

1) I was 5'7" until my sophomore year of college...
2) Now I'm 5'8"
3) I love to read...as long as it's not assigned reading
4) People always think I'm Mexican...I'm actually half black/half white
5) I daydream about singing (alone) in front of a crowd all the time, but I don't know that I would ever have the nerve again.
6) My nephew Jake is the love of my life...
7) I love country music...especially the old stuff
8) I watch
The Golden Girls religiously...and even have the first season on DVD
9) I don't find Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, or Tom Cruise sexy.
10) I DO find Patrick Dempsey, Harrison Ford, John Travolta, Sean Connery, Robert Redford, Clint Eastwood, and Denzel Washington (all in their older years) incredibly sexy.
11) My first car was a 1983 4-Door Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.
12) I named it Brown Sugar...but I'm not exactly sure what you would call the color of it...maybe Mauve? It had chocolate brown bench seats (front and back) and I could fit at least 8 people in it
13) I hated that car (tank) for the entire 6 months I drove it, but I took care of it. I passed it on to my older sister the day of my 16th birthday after my parents surprised me with Lucy (my red chevrolet truck that I ended up passing on to my dad)...
14) I think sarcasm is a wonderful thing...an art actually...
15) My first job was as a nanny at the age of 12
16) I've never had to look for a job...
17) They have always found me.
18) I love to watch Big Brother and The Amazing Race, but those are the only "Reality Shows" I like
19) Sometimes I feel like a little girl playing grown-up.
20) At work, I'm known to do much more than others expect of me. I guess I just expect it of myself...
21) I know a plethera of useless music trivia..well, useless trivia period
22) I want to try out for American Idol
23) I'm afraid that if I do, I'll be one of the ones that they will make fun of.
24) I've been an "adult" since the age of 3.
25) I hate it most of the time because I think it keeps me from doing things a normal 22 year old would do
26) I have the tendency to intimidate people.
27) Usually, without trying. I don't know why.
28) I have trust issues.
29) I don't even trust myself most of the time.
30) I put on a sweet and happy facade because it makes everyone else happy.
31) I don't know what makes me happy yet.
32) My favorite sound is a baby laughing
33) Very few people really know me.
34) I have no idea what my IQ is.
35) My very best friend is a 49 year old man and no one understands our relationship...half the time we don't understand our relationship.
36) I have dieted countless times in the past 6 years.
37) I've lost 10lbs in the past month, and I am still the heaviest I have ever been.
38) I lived in the dorms my freshman year even though my parents lived across town.
39) I couldn't stand my first roommate after the first 12 hours...we lived together less than a week
39) My second roommate, Rachel, became one of my very best friends
40) Rachel and I went to the same high school and had the same friends, but didn't know each other until Welcome Week our freshman year at ACU
41) We bonded over bitching about our crappy roommates
42) We did everything humanly possible to keep from conforming to the ways of the ACU cult..and succeeded
43) One of my fondest memories of living in the dorm involves almost rotten eggs, frozen chicken, a gallon of expired milk, and an open window, three stories up
44) If I have to have a conversation with someone, I usually actually have 3 conversations: one with myself before hand (imagining how the conversation will go), the one I actually have with the person (which is nothing like the one i practiced), and then the one with myself afterwards of what i should have said (this is always the best version...)
45) I worry. A lot.
46) I want to be a wife and a mother more than anything in this world.
47) I have a very large, very close family. I'm friends with many of my second and third cousins...Our family tree is more like a flow chart
48) My grandad was the funniest person I have every known.
49) He's been gone almost 2 years now.
50) It still hurts like it did the day he died...possibly worse
51) I became a completely different person after he died
52) And I don't like that person...
53) I've always had an abnormal fear of "getting in trouble" whether it be with my mom, my boss, whoever...and i can't stand it!
54) I am the baby of my family...I hate it because even though I'm 22, I'm still treated like a 4 year old.
55) I'm the biggest procrastinator you will ever meet. I am procrastinating entering shot records right now...
56) I am amazed at what procrastinated tasks I will get done when I'm procrastinating something else (i.e. clean my entire house instead of doing homework)
57) I honestly have no desire to have a career
58) The past few years I've done a lot of things I said I would never do because they were "wrong"
59) And I've loved (almost) every second of it...
60) I think about death. A lot.
61) Which makes me think, maybe I should be in therapy.
62) But my trust issues and scinsism keep me from paying someone to listen to my rantings...
63) My friends do that free of charge :-)
64) I rarely wear make up because no matter what kind I use, I will break out the next day...and i enjoy the extra 10 minutes of sleep ;-)
65) The only time I've ever been carded was to buy bleach, cold medicine, and an NC-17 movie at Wal-Mart...
66) I was 21 when that happened.
67) I am a bonafide shopaholic...
68) I also have the worst case of "buyer's remorse" and end up taking most of the things I buy back...if i even make it out of the store with them
69) I'm always broke...but I honestly couldn't tell you where my money goes.
70) My dog is a lesbian...and retarded
71) I have an unnatural hatred of public restrooms...I would rather go home to pee than use one 72) I think deep down I enjoy misery...
73) I know, that's really creepy.
74) I'm rarely bothered by the fact that my house is ALWAYS cluttered...
75) It's always CLEAN, but never straight
76) I've lived in my house since February 10, and still have a garage full of boxes to unpack.
77) I have no idea what's in most of them
78) I refuse to have unpainted toe nails...regardless of whether people can see them or not
79) Incorrect grammar, punctuation, and spelling are three of my biggest pet peeves.
80) I seriously can't stand when people don't know the proper use of your and you're, or there, their, and they're...
81) I'm terrified of getting married - because i'm terrified of divorce
82) I consider myself a very good friend because I strive to be...
83) I hate Defensive Driving Classes with a passion, but I still speed everywhere I go.
84) Bread is my favorite food...
85) I love to travel so much that I feel like part of me is missing when I go too long without going somewhere
86) I rarely go to church anymore because I feel like a huge hypocrite
87) yet, I know going to church is probably the best way to make myself feel better and be a better person....
88) I went to massage therapy school because my grandad thought it would be a wonderful idea...
89) He died three weeks after I started classes.
90) I used to wear violet contacts...oh and i had blue ones too...the violet ones made me look possessed, but i loved them
91) I love to dance but never do
92) I am abnormally obsessed with purses, office supplies, Chick-Fil-A, UT Football, and Grey's Anatomy
93) I nearly wet myself with excitement because the second season of Grey's Anatomy comes out on DVD September 12, and the third season starts September 21
94) I have beautiful hair, I just never do anything with it
95) I hate my hair
96) I always wish I could win the lottery so I could help out everyone I love and even people i don't know
97) That desire strengthened immensly during my first trip to Africa..it was an incredibly humbling experience
98) I hate cats with an undescribable passion
99) I love to sew and cook...I've been called Susie Homemaker and Betty Crocker many many times
100) It took me 21 years to realize my dad is a democrat...I don't know why that matters
101) I start things with the greatest of intentions (i.e.
my other blog, scrapbooks, sewing projects, dieting, praying, doing better in school, making more friends, etc) yet I never completely follow through with those intentions
102) I am a creature of habit...
103) Unfortunately I don't have the best of habits (skipping class for one)
104) My favorite past-time is sleeping
105) I absolutely love taking a nap in a cold room, snuggled under a heavy comforter and cool sheets, cuddling with someone (pretty much anyone really lol) especially if it's raining outside
106) I feel a great sense of peace when Jake climbs into my lap just to snuggle...my heart melts when he puts his hands on my cheeks to kiss me
107) I've convinced myself that it's ok to eat at Chick-Fil-A all the time because "it's chicken so it's got to be healthier than anything else I would get at a fast food place"
108) I realize that's very idiotic of me...
109) I'm really a computer nerd at heart
110) I own the first season of "The Osbournes" on DVD and laugh hysterically when I watch it
111) I find the Jerry Springer Show amusing because it's nice to know that there are people out there that are seriously screwed up...Watching Jerry Springer and Maury Povich make me feel SO much better about myself!
112) I love to go hunting even though I've never shot anything and get really grossed out by dead animals...
113) I hate going to Wal-Mart...but I go there all the time..usually in the middle of the night
114) I would seriously go to Target everyday if I didn't already think the people that work there would like to have me committed for going there ALL THE TIME
115) I think
Whataburger ketchup is almost euphoric...
116) Three summers ago, I discovered Whataburger ketchup is really really hard to get out of carpet and off walls...and out of a shirt...
117) I love Diet Dr. Pepper but I can't stand Dr. Pepper...and I think Pepsi should be banned
118) I once dreamed of being a writer...I have no idea what I was thinking
119) I stole the idea for this blog (and some of the statements) from my cousin, Casey...
120) I never realized how much she and I are alike until I read her version.
123) I think I'm getting a little carried away with this post
122) I can't believe you are still reading it....
121) I have no idea why I'm writing this post, but I'm having fun learning about myself haha

122) I have the best insight on other people's relationships...I can understand, discect, annalize, translate and advise...I know what works, what doesn't work, what won't work...
123) Yet, when it comes to my own relationships I lose the above ability.
124) I want to smoke a cigar...
125) I've never smoked in my entire life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

b-randy...how long did this take you to write? some of these are stinkin funny!!

Miss Martin said...

you're funny. we did have good times in the dorm...hella good times. i'll remember those for the rest of my life.

you're not weird for liking misery. it's because it's...easy to come by, maybe? i used to like misery. just wait...someday some dude is gonna sweep you off your feet when you least expect it. they weren't kidding when they said that. i don't know who "they" are...but yeah.

i love you and miss you my dear. no word on my money yet. i'll let you know. :)

oh...and whataburger ketchup isn't ALMOST euphoric...it is.