seeing as how i haven't slept in 4 days, going home sounded good to me. but i went ahead and made an appointment with the injection doctor's p.a. (not to be confused with my beautiful chiropractor) for this afternoon. mom decided to go with me because she's pissed that over $4000 later, i'm hurting just like i was. yes, i fell, but we can't just pull $1000 out of our asses everytime i stumble or sleep wrong (both of which happen A LOT).
So, I went home. Tried to sleep. Didn't. Cried.
Mom picked me up and we went to the p.a.'s office. we finally got back there and you could tell he was kind of perturbed because he assumed it was just pain from my herniated discs and i insisted on them squeezing me in today. so, after getting past the awkward grumpy part, i finally got it through to him that this was indeed similar to the pain i was having before the injections, but it was also different. i'm now having muscle spasms from the neck down to my ankle. and no matter how i lay, i can't get comfortable long enough to go to sleep.then, he had me stand up. then he told me to stand up straight. then i laughed. you should have seen the look on his face when he realized i was standing as straight as possible. imagine if you will, biddy bent forward and majorly to the right. sexy huh? so, he ordered an x-ray. after that torture session, the p.a. came in, pulled up my x-rays on the computer and i kid you not we both said "holy shit" under our breath when we saw my spine, mom just stared in shock:
the red arrows are (obviously) pointing to my spine. my incredibly curved spine. gee, no wonder i look like the hunchback of notre fucking dame! and an added bonus, just for y'all, see the blue arrows? that's air. air in my intestines, air in my boobs. nice huh? oh, and can anyone guess what the green arrows are pointing to? a hint: not my ribs
so, yeah...i left there with some prescriptions for really good drugs. Muscle relaxers, steroids, and pain killers. now that's a cocktail! i'm hoping the steroids will not only help my back but also help my poor little giant bald spot grow some hairs. i'm hoping the entire cocktail helps me get some serious sleep. cause damn i'm tired.
y'all just get prepared for lots of biddyness. i'm on bedrest for the rest of the week.
god help us all


7 comments:
Yikes! I'm sorry and can just imagine your pain. What is their Plan B for Biddy?
Oh yeah, those funny lines?
Underwires to your bra =)
Poor thing! That looks terribly painful! But what's with the air in your boobs?
You have air in your intestines cause it hurts to fart I guess LOL..and laugh huh?
So what is the plan of action besides drugs?
Ouch! :-(
And I thought I had it bad because I'm generally disgruntled and lethargic.
I'll take sleepy and cranky over crooked any day.
i like your new header!!
So how to you uncurve your spine? That is just amazing to see. I am so sorry you're in pain. Will you have to wear a brace or is there another alternative?
Oh you poor thing. I am so sorry. Please keeps us posted!
Post a Comment