Sunday, March 02, 2008

yeee hawww

haha I can't help but feel sorry for bossy right now. ever since she sent out the "bossy does dallas" email, there have been 40 some odd "reply all " responses! We are trying to decide on where to take the Boss Lady when she, well, does dallas. People quickly spouted off places like Fox & Hound, Ginger Man, and Blue Mesa.

Those are all great places, BUT...To me, they don't say "texas" like the fort worth stockyards. Bossy is coming to Texas...we should give her a stereotypical quintessential Texas Time! Going to the Stockyards is like taking a step back in time. The roads are brick. There's horses and cowboys (wearing wranglers! and cowboy hats!) and country music. You can eat TX BBQ or the ever so delicious Tex-Mex. And, I just can't help but think Bossy would TOTALLY want her picture taken riding a Longhorn. You can't get livestock at Blue Mesa, folks.

speaking of livestock, if we get there by 4, we'll get to see the cattle drive....we can also take dance lessons at Billy Bobs!

i'm such a hick...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen

Bonnie said...

I agree - it is essentially Texan. And is right around the corner from one of the state's best Tex-Mex's - Joe T. Garcias!

Is Billy Bob's still around? I can totally picture all you ladies teaching Bossy the two-step...

MP said...

We have 10 of us here in town and we're not ironed down on anything in particular. We've had 6 emails go back and forth...

EE said...

If there's a mechanical bull involved, I'm totally there!

Anonymous said...

Remind me to let you handle my itinerary for any future Lone Star State visits on my part.

Heather said...

I would love to see Bossy riding a longhorn. Of course, she does have that dog, which is practically a longhorn.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Ha! I remember eating at the stockyards when I was a kid. Nothing like the smell of manure to get your appetite up.