so, my office is closed for 2 weeks. yeah. last thursday at 5:30 i said "adios" to my office until july 7th.
so, i should be jumping up and down, partying all night, sleeping all day and all that jazz, right?
well, i'm not. it seems that in the past few years, i forgot how to enjoy vacation time. i had totally planned on doing my bloggy vacation during these two weeks, but the money fairy didn't come visit me, so that's going to have to be put off for a while. i'm still shooting for august.
once upon a time, my summers were spent going exciting places. the smokey mountains, california beaches, african safaris....
haha not anymore!!! now, i'm doing good to go across town and get in my aunt's awesome pool.
so, yeah, what have i been doing with my time off, you ask? laundry. lots of fucking laundry. oh and i took my christmas tree down. annnnnd i peed my pants. i've cooked a couple of times (gasp!).
oh, the excitement!!
and in between all those exciting endeavors, i've slept. a lot. i guess it's about time for another biddy funk. i sleep an ungodly amount of time, i randomly cry, and i'm doing housework. yep, there's definitely something not right there!!
so, if anyone would like to come to my house, wrap me in their arms and just let me cry (or take me on an african safari), i would totally appreciate it. and, could you bring the Clean Sweep crew with you? thanks, that'd be great!


5 comments:
Except for the crying and cleaning, that sounds like me!
Aww hunny, if I were closer, you'd always have a shoulder to sob on, ya know. (well, unless something good was on TV)
Safari sounds GREAT..laundry isn't that bad, although I hate pee clothes.
Sleeping is VERY good.
I also would suggest a good book..and a pool (don't forget your suncreen)..
Be a tourist in your own town..well maybe not YOUR town but within 45 miles of your house.
http://www.abilenevisitors.com/documents/Web-10thingsyagottado.pdf
Do one of those a day..and there are 10 days!
Oh, I am so with you on this one!Sick of laundry. Sick of the lack-of-summer-excitement. Sick of being in a funk.
I'd totally do laundry for you, if I lived just a teeny tiny bit closer.
Yes, I totally think we need to get together and get drunk. Have you ever tried cleaning while drunk? Hmmm. Maybe we could be on to something there? Anything drunk has got to be better than this blah-funk stone-cold-sober.
Yep, I live in the Metroplex. And you live in f-ing Abilene, huh? Darn, we aren't really around the corner from one another, are we? So, we would definitely need a designated driver. Hmmm. Let's seeeee....
Post a Comment