Saturday, November 01, 2008

harder than i thought...

So, Neighbor put an ad in the paper for the puppies a while back, and we're finally starting to get calls about them, which is a very good thing. Somewhere along the way, I decided to include Chablis in the offer for several reasons. I'm making VERY LITTLE money subbing, and a good chunk of my income goes to dog food. also, chablis is a very very very active dog, and i don't have the ability to take her running (which she LOVES), i don't have a kid to chase her around the yard (also, loves), and I certainly can't afford another dog to keep her company (the puppies don't count because she runs away from them).Tonight, a girl called and was interested in the last boy puppy. I told her she could come over if she wanted, and she did. We went in the back yard and she played with Chablis and the 2 remaining pups for a while and she really took a liking to Chablis. She said that Chablis is the exact same size as the dog she already has and that her dog is also hyper like Chablis. K (the girl? lady? whatever she's like my age. maybe a little older) is recently divorced and her (ex) husband took his dog, so her dog has been sad and so has her daughter. after talking to her for a while, i realized that K is the perfect new owner for Chablis. Chablis took right to her, loved on her, never barked at her (a miracle in itself) and it truly seemed like the best choice for both of them. She paid me, i walked to the car with them and chablis hopped right in. K promised to keep me posted on how she's doing. She also promised to get her fixed and keep her shots up to date, and that if she ever changes her mind (even if it's years from now) that she will bring Chablis back to me and not take her to the pound. That is the stipulation with all the puppies. I loved on Chablis for a while before they left and seemed to be doing ok until I walked back into the house.

and now i'm bawling my eyes out.

i know, i know. she's a dog. but she was MY dog. the FIRST dog I could truly call my own. I found her when she was only 4 weeks old, y'all. and as stupid as she is, she's a sweet sweet girl.

i got a text from K a few minutes ago. "Chablis is meeting my boyfriend right now and she's doing great."

that makes me feel even better about my decision because there's very few men she likes. Seriously, my Dad, Friend, Rosario, and Neighbor's boyfriend are the ONLY men she likes. Any others, the hair on the back of her neck is standing straight up and she's got the mean growl going on.

I'll miss you , Chablis, but I know this is the right decision for both of us. please don't hate me. and please don't eat anything but your food at K's house. k?
now if you will excuse me, i have some more crying to do.



on another note, NaBloPoMo...anyone participating? I'm not sure if I am or not (you know, with my busy schedule and all) but I figure it's best to at least post the first day, just in case.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, Biddy, I am so sorry. It's so tough because those dumb animals get right into our hearts.

Rima said...

That is so hard. But it sounds like she couldn't have gone to a better person. I mean, how awesome is the fact that she texted you to tell you how C is adjusting? Hang in there . . .

Anonymous said...

I'm doing fine Mom#1.
You raised me well, and I'll never forget you.
Love, Chablis.

Unknown said...

How hard that had to be. I can't even imagine, so go ahead and cry. She's gonna be fine, it's you who is the sad one.